Saturday, February 21, 2015

Brrrrr.......

It's cold here in the Mid-Atlantic of the US.  I mean sub zero (F) temps.  It's been a really good excuse not to exercise.  I'll ignore the fact that I have an exercise bike in our spare bedroom - and I even dusted it off a few weeks ago.  That counts as exercise, right?  My emotional eating has also totally taken over my life.  While I was down just over 30 lbs on Weight Watchers, I have gained most of it back.  Once again, Ben and Jerry's became a good friend.  It started in November.  Then came Christmas and my birthday then Valentine's Day and now we are in Easter mode.  We bought Reese's eggs and enough jelly beans (Just Born brand, of course!) to fill a small car.

This fat chick is on the weight see-saw.  It's horrible.  I'm so disappointed.  I was finally able to shop in stores and not stuck with catalog shopping.  I did pick up a shirt the other day at Kohl's - their 60%-80% off stuff... awesome deals!  I figure maybe, just maybe I'll be able to fit into them by our cruise in May.  I just have to steer clear of the jelly beans and Reese's eggs.  This, friends, will be quite a chore!

I'm also in a very.... and I mean VERY bad place emotionally.  For some reason I want to BUY - I came into some money recently and while I'm far from hypomanic, I want to buy stuff.  Hubby suggested that I find some projects to work on and even came with me to the craft store to chose something.  Yeah, um... that bag is in the dining room somewhere, with several other projects I was going to work on.  I have to find my sewing machine before I can take it to get fixed.

There really isn't anything earth-shattering here, but it had been a long time since I wrote and I was feeling the urge to check in.  I know there are some people out there - I know I have a few followers.  I know someone will read this.  I thank you for that!

One thing I just thought of - it was a year ago (almost) to the day that we had our "First in the Series" weight loss photo shoot.  To be at the same weight as then.... (hubby, too) is more disappointing than I can describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment